Getting involved in a car accident is the disturbing experience for anyone. With high speed 4-wheelers & 2-wheelers are at a greater risk of sustaining bigger injuries. If you had ever become the part of an accident without fault of yours and where you are badly injured by the careless driver, few steps are there that you need to follow to keep the process simple and direct and protect the compensation claim of motorbike.
What to do immediately after getting involved in an accident?
When you get involved in a car accident you must see whether all are alright or aren’t. Once you have checked the others and if someone is injured you must get in touch with emergency services. After that is done, you must follow some of the important steps mentioned below. These will help you deal with the situation by knowing to contact ambulance services and police and also if you must, you can hire car accident lawyers in Toronto to pursue the compensation you deserve.
- Don’t safeguard the picture – Don’t try attempting to move the vehicle and ask others to keep their vehicle at a distance. Once the authorities arrive the vehicle will be moved to safeguard the public while the police will conduct an investigation without causing much trouble to the traffic.
- Get in contact with emergency services- When any emergency service arrives at the destination of the accident; give a full report to the police. Ensure that you don’t communicate with others except for the police. Here you can try getting medical attention. When you are talking to police ask them to give you the report copy as it will help your car accident lawyers in Toronto to handle the claim of the vehicle easily.
- Exchange the insurance details – When involved in the accident, you must make sure to exchange the details with the parties drawn in the crash. Try to find to the drivers’ insurance provider, the name, contact number and address and of the passenger as well.
- Record car accident details- Capture the photos of damages caused to your vehicle and you and note the information about the driving conditions and locations. Collect all the information as it will be like vulnerable evidence at the time of motorbike accident claims.
- Tell your insurance firm – Tell the insurance company all about the things involved in the accident and ensure that you provide them with all the essential details you have acquired. Avoid doing the recording the statement over the phone as it can be too used during the claim.
- Don’t repair the vehicle – Right after you get involved in the accident you might be tempted to get it to repair soon as possible. Let the car stay in the same condition after the accident so that police can investigate and it can help you at the time of claiming.
- Start claiming – because of the motorbike accident you had suffered from financial and health hardship, get in contact with car accident lawyers. A dedicated lawyer will handle the case in a better way so that you can get the compensation that you deserve rightfully.
So these are all steps that you need to follow and get car accident compensation without facing many issues.